This is my FIRST time riding in the Courage Classic to support Children's Hospital Colorado -- and I sure am thrilled for the mental and physical challenge, and grateful in advance that my body is able to do this.
I need YOUR help!
On July 16th and 17th I’ll be riding on the Psyched to Climb team. Our team is the ONLY team in the Courage Classic supporting Pediatric Mental Health – something I have grown to be very passionate about! I’m asking you to consider a gift of $10, $25, $50, $100 or more to support this program and help me reach my goal of at least $1,500.
Children’s Hospital Colorado (CHC) declared a “State of Emergency” for pediatric mental health in May 2021 (a first for the facility in its more than 110-year history). Children’s Hospital Colorado continues to be flooded with kids suffering mental health crises.
A few sobering facts......
• Suicide is still the leading cause of death for youth 10-24 years old in Colorado - nearly double the national average
• There was a 72% increase in mental health visits in 2021 compared to 2019 and a 215% increase in suicide plans/attempts; 50% of these kids were in a mental health crisis
• Over the last decade, Colorado lost 1,000 residential treatment beds for kids
• A 29-42% turnover in the mental health workforce in our state is just one of the reasons why waitlists for our patients are running 6-12 months for outpatient services
• 1 in 5 kids are living with a diagnosable mental health illness but less than 50% will ever receive the appropriate treatment.
• 44% of teens report feeling persistently sad or hopeless.
Just click on the Donate Now link at the top of this page and your support will help fuel our team through the 120 miles of riding... and the burn of 4 mountain passes... in the beautiful Rockies near Copper Mountain.
I appreciate each and every one of you! Let's do this!