I’m excited for my first Courage Classic ride with a goal of biking at least 100 miles during the two-day event this July.
I’ve joined because I’ve heard first-hand the impact the ride has for the children - and the doctors, nurses and providers who support them - at Colorado Children’s Hospital.
I’m a part of the team supporting the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, which treats patients from 13 states, serving more than 300 new patients per year.
Some of the tangible needs the funding supports include:
- Research for new treatments for childhood blood diseases and cancers. (Only 4% of National Cancer Institute funding goes to pediatric cancer!)
- Wellness programs, including the hiring of an additional child psychologist and supporting a Creative Arts Therapy program
- Education, including funding a teacher for children in the hospital who are unable to attend school
- Family supports, such as out-of-state travel so patients can receive treatment at Children’s Colorado on a clinical trial not available elsewhere
- Life-saving prescription medications and supplies for patients who does not have adequate pharmacy benefits
I am aiming to raise $500 this May so that every one of those dollars will be matched by the ForeverMarthaStrong fund, donated in memory of Martha Riedel who passed away on April 15, 2022 after 7 years of Ewing Sarcoma.
Let's create a healthier tomorrow for kids!