As many of you know my wife Bekah has worked for Children's hospital since coming to Colorado 4 years ago. She has seen the impact it has on the children of Colorado Springs. To help support the hospital, we are participating in the Courage Classic fundraiser.
Funds raised will provide:
- Support and resources to a family during a child’s hospitalization.
- A place for a family to stay or assistance with transportation during their child's unexpected hospitalization.
- Services that are not billable to insurance, like Child Life Specialists.
- Child Life Specialists who help children cope with medical procedures, injuries, and hospitalizations. Child Life Specialists help patients in many ways, such as using toy medical equipment to prepare a child for a procedure, teaching breathing exercises to help families relax, leading siblings through therapeutic play activities, or teaching a child to swallow pills.
- Creative arts therapy programs to engage patients through music, dance movement, yoga and art.
- Social Workers to assist families with financial, physiological, and social concerns.
- Ground-breaking research for cures for childhood diseases, treatments, and innovations.
- Subsidize care (costs) for patients in need, no patient or family is turned away.
- Youth mental health services, facilities, and prevention programs.
To learn more about Children’s Hospital Colorado Foundation, visit https://www.supportchildrenscolorado.org/fueled-by-giving/