As you may know Children’s Hospital Colorado holds a special place in my heart. As a registered dietitian at Children's, I have personal witnessed the impact of quality care on our young patients. I love seeing children grow, learn to walk, recover from an illness, etc. and spread joy to those around them!
I am riding once again in the Courage Classic to raise funds for Children's Hospital Colorado. This Year, Dave and I are going to tackle the two-day ride on our tandem bike! Over two days, we will ride 120 miles, with several mountain climbs included. My goal is to raise $500 to support positive outcomes and healthier futures for children. All the money that I raise will stay right here in the Southern Colorado community.
Funds raised will provide:
- Support and resources to a family during a child’s hospitalization.
- A place for a family to stay or assistance with transportation during their child's unexpected hospitalization.
- Services that are not billable to insurance, like Child Life Specialists.
- Child Life Specialists who help children cope with medical procedures, injuries, and hospitalizations. Child Life Specialists help patients in many ways, such as using toy medical equipment to prepare a child for a procedure, teaching breathing exercises to help families relax, leading siblings through therapeutic play activities, or teaching a child to swallow pills.
- Creative arts therapy programs to engage patients through music, dance movement, yoga and art.
- Social Workers to assist families with financial, physiological, and social concerns.
- Ground-breaking research for cures for childhood diseases, treatments, and innovations.
- Subsidize care (costs) for patients in need, no patient or family is turned away.
- Youth mental health services, facilities, and prevention programs.
To learn more about Children’s Hospital Colorado Foundation, visit https://www.supportchildrenscolorado.org/fueled-by-giving/